Interprofessional Education Learner Needs Study
- Are you enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate nutrition/dietetics student? Or. an alum who is now a RDN? Or, a fellow faculty member?
- Do you have opinions about the training needs of nutrition/dietetics students?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be eligible to participate in an IRB-approved research project. The project is compiling the interprofessional education needs of nutrition and dietetic students.
Did I hear you say, “Please, tell you more”?
- Students, RDNs and faculty members are sought for three focus groups
- Each focus group will last 1 ½ hours
- During the focus groups, questions about the role of the dietitian on interprofessional patient care teams will be asked.
- Participants will be asked to review the notes from the focus group to confirm the accuracy of the information documented
- After completing those two steps, you will receive a $40 Amazon gift certificate for your participation
Yes, it is really easy to sign up:
- Complete this online consent form to confirm you qualify for the study and consent to participate
- There are also questions about your available times to participate in a focus group
Sure, I can answer questions about interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional practice (IPP):
- IPE exposures of students from diverse health profession programs to the types of cross-discipline collaborations, communication, and teamwork required in the practice setting
- IPP is health care providers from different professions as well as the patient/family/caregiver to collaborating on the delivery of clinical care
- Please contact Barbara Gordon at 208-373-1904 or BarbaraGordon@isu.edu
Barbara Gordon, MBA, RDN, LD, FAND
Assistant Professor | Nutrition and Dietetics