Hello all! We have a new position in the Hayden office. Please share with anyone you think may be interested and qualified!
Panhandle Health District is seeking a part-time Registered Dietitian (RD) to join the Nutrition Services team in Hayden, ID!
This position’s primary purpose is to help expand Nutrition Services’ programs by teaching and evaluating the nutrition component of the Parents Leading Active Youth (PLAY) program (childhood obesity program) and delivering the Diabetes Prevention Program in our service area of the five northern counties. The RD will develop, deliver and evaluate nutrition classes; market the PLAY program; and collaborate with community and program partners. Additional responsibilities include working in the diabetes programs and the Women, Infants and Children program.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and/or experience:
- Education principles and methods as applied to nutrition, safety, sanitation and food handling.
- Identifying dietary problems related to nutrition intake
- Analyzing and evaluating nutrition data
- Adapting nutrition counseling and education to meet social, cultural, educational and economic backgrounds of the clients.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
Panhandle Health District
8500 N. Atlas Road
Hayden, ID 83835