Hours: Mon-Friday Occasional evenings; rotate call on Weekend days
Knowledge of computer systems
Provides individualized and group education and counseling on all aspects of Diabetes self-care within the scope of practice of a Dietitian. Collaborates
with other disciplines, physicians, and leadership to meet priorities in plan of care for clients. Works with other department staff and performs job duties required to ensure the Diabetes Care and Prevention Department meets and exceeds customer expectations;
Services pediatric, adult and geriatric populations. All employees of Northwest Healthcare (NWHC) are expected to exercise good communication and a willingness to assist others in order to fulfill the organization’s mission and be successful as a team.
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics required
2. Current Montana Nutritionist License from the Montana State Board of Medical Examiners required
3. Certification as a Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred
4. Minimum three years direct patient care experience preferred
5. Experience in formal diabetes education program preferred
6. Current Healthcare Provider CPR required
7. Experience using word processing software required. Meditech/eClinical Works experience preferred.
8. Excellent communication skills including writing, speaking, and listening skills
9. Ability to work collaboratively with all team members
10. Excellent organizational skills and ability to stay focused with multiple priorities
1. Incorporates data from other members of healthcare team and diabetes client to assess the diabetes client’s knowledge base, self-care ability, and immediate learning
2. Collaborates with RN Diabetes Educators and other RD Diabetes Educators to analyze the client data including age-specific needs, mental, physical, psychosocial, cultural, environmental conditions and barriers to learning to develop an individualized plan,
prioritized with the client and significant others to meet the individualized goals.
4. Utilizing principles of teaching and learning, implements the interventions identified in the plan of care within the scope of practice of an RD striving to enhance optimal metabolic control, support self-management, and prevent or delay acute and chronic
complication for the diabetic/pre-diabetic client.
5. Skillful in conducting individual and group counseling sessions to accomplish goals.
6. Evaluates, in collaboration with the client, significant others, and other healthcare providers, the client’s progress towards attainment of client’s outcomes.
7. Communicates and documents client responses to interventions in relation to outcomes and revisions in the diagnoses, outcomes, and the plan of care.
9. Participates in community benefit and outreach activities in relation to diabetes awareness.
10. Maintains current client education materials.
11. Completes client documentation and billing requirements in a timely and accurate fashion.
13. Consistently problem solves issues affecting client care using appropriate judgment.
14. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of infection control procedures.
15. Follows policies and procedures.
16. Demonstrates a commitment to professionalism while undertaking all tasks and in all interactions with patients, clients, physicians, facility staff and the community at large.
17. Demonstrates ability to adapt to changing circumstances, showing flexibility in job function to meet the needs of department as evidenced by looking for opportunities to assist team members and clients at jobs other than those assigned while maintaining
appropriate follow through on assigned duties.
18. Demonstrates vigilance of unit specific and organizational wide budget constraints, as evidenced by appropriate utilization of all resources, which includes but is not limited to supplies, overtime, low census and a timeliness of work product.
19. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
20. Participates in department meetings and committees.
21. Keeps abreast of current literature in diabetes and related fields.
Executive Director Education Services
Kalispell Regional Healthcare
310 Sunnyview Lane
Kalispell, MT 59901