St. Luke’s Health System in Boise is seeking an Outpatient Patient Diabetes Educator (RD) to join our Humphreys Diabetes Center. As a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist at St. Luke’s, you will be partnering with our highly specialized team to offer quality care and diabetes education to our patients. St. Luke’s Humphreys Diabetes Center is an accredited ADA (American Diabetes Association) site, offering top quality and patient-oriented care. This position offers a dynamic work environment with an opportunity to collaborate with Diabetologists, RNs, RDs, and behavioral health specialists in an outpatient setting. We are a multi-faceted group offering the chance to compassionate individuals ready to let their AADE-7 self-care skills shine through, to become part of our winning team.
- Educates patients on their diabetes diagnosis, provides guidance on appropriate self-management, and collaborates with physicians or other care provides in the development of an individualized care plan.
- Trains patients or their caregivers to check blood glucose levels, administers insulin, and identify and responds to hypoglycemia.
- Provides nutritional counseling, meal planning, and weight control advice meant to assist patients in managing blood glucose levels.
- Provides comprehensive education to clients who have self-selected the learning opportunity.
- Provides individualized patient teaching and support to patients based on the specific needs and learning ability of the patient.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or related field.
- Experience: 2 years relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Registered Dietitian AND Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
Why St. Luke’s
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Jan Greene, firstname.lastname@example.org.