Help advance access to clinical services and strengthen the health of Idahoans! Use your leadership skills to manage integral programs that impact the reproductive health of women, men, and adolescents. The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is currently seeking a full-time Health Program Manager to direct the Title X Family Planning Program and provide oversight for the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program. This position is located within the Maternal and Child Health Section in the Bureau of Clinical and Preventive Services–Division of Public Health.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start; ten paid holidays a year; participation in of the nation’s best state retirement systems; multiple savings plans and optional 401K; life insurance; wellness programs; ongoing training opportunities; and more.
If you have previously applied for Health Program Manager and wish to be considered for this vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous exam scores will not be used.
Example of Duties
- Administration of the Title X Family Planning Program, including planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating activities carried out under the program.
- Develop program objectives, priorities, policies, and procedures in accordance with program, community, and department needs.
- Compose and submit new and continuation grant applications and grant reports for the program.
- Develop contracts/subgrants to reflect federal program requirements, including requirements for training, evaluation, data collection, and continuous quality improvement.
- Monitor contracts/subgrants to ensure that authorized activities, responsibilities, and deliverables are met and conduct site reviews to evaluate compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Coordinate and disseminate consultation, training, and technical assistance for agencies implementing Title X family planning services.
- Monitor data collection, analysis, and reporting instruments and ensure access to a comprehensive data management system for local and statewide reporting; provide guidance for subrecipients to collect data in a valid and reliable manner.
- Provide oversight for the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program and ensure program quality, integrity, and compliance with state and federal program requirements.
- Hire, train, supervise, and direct daily activities of program staff.
- Assist with preparing and justifying annual budget request in coordination with the section manager.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of health program needs assessment and program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Experience developing and implementing or managing public health programs.
- Experience coordinating health services or public health programs with various agencies and organizations.
- Experience providing health program consultation to organizations and programs.
- Experience evaluating health related educational materials.
- Experience writing grant proposals.
Additional Qualifications: Are not required; however, having the minimum qualifications and the education and/or experience below will increase your score.
- Knowledge of family planning best practices. Gained by at least one year of professional work experience or completion of college-level coursework in family planning or reproductive health.
- Experience managing complex budgets. Gained by at least two years of professional work experience managing multiple funding sources to support programmatic activities.
- Experience supervising staff. Gained by at least two years of professional work experience supervising staff, including hiring, coaching, managing staff schedules, and conducting regular performance reviews.
Our mission is to
promote and protect
the health and safety
For all Idaho state government jobs: