Health and Wellness Coach
Corporate Health and Wellness
Saint Alphonsus Health System
GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
Plans, coordinates and provides health activities, wellness programs, and individual health coaching. Inspires associates to engage in healthier habits and activities. Responsible for developing wellness coaching relationships with associates and assisting them through the process of attaining better health by providing coaching, encouragement, and education. Travels between health system locations in Idaho and Oregon.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Idaho Licensed RD (or eligible for Idaho licensure):
- Licensed with the Oregon and Idaho State Board of Medicine with a “Provisional License – Graduate Dietitian” and obtain full license within 90 days of hire until successful completion of the national registration exam to be a Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic conditions preferred.
- Certification from an accredited professional wellness coach training program preferred.
- Basic computer skills with an emphasis on MS Word & Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to interact with associates in a professional and caring manner.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
- Must have a current, unrestricted driver’s license.
- Meets Health System’s Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
- Assists with the coordination, planning, and evaluation of worksite wellness programs.
- Responsible for reaching out to associates and providing wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors.
- Develops and conducts onsite health-related wellness seminars and training courses for interested employees and family members.
- Develops and distributes health education materials to identified employers, employees and family members.
- Assists in marketing and promotion of Corporate Health Services to potential customers and associates.
- Coordinates Care with other health system service lines for optimal patient care.
- Provides in-person, web based, and telephonic assessment, health education and behavior change coaching.
- Participates in documentation of care and care planning.
- Must be enthusiastic about wellness and strive to model healthy behaviors.
Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work varying shifts for wellness events from time to time.