Idaho RDNs are Presenting to the State Legislators!
Just a friendly reminder to come out and support Idaho RDN’s on Monday at Idaho’s Capitol!
When: Monday, February 8, 2016
- House H & W Committee Presentation: 9:00 a.m. East Wing Hearing Room 20
- Senate H & W Committee Presentation: 3:00 p.m. West Wing Hearing Room 54
- Hearing rooms are on the Atrium level; enter from 6th or 8th street and go downstairs
- If you enter by the Gift Shop on the Garden level, go downstairs
- Please come early to network with colleagues!
- Value of the RDN in supporting the health and well-being of Idahoans
- RDN leadership in training allied health care professionals in diabetes care
- SHIP activity
- Most of all…..the positive and quantifiable impact we make on health care and costs
- Thank you to the subject matter experts in the audience answers to specific questions
- To keep the value of the RDN in the forefront of our state decision makers’ minds
- Lay the foundation for addressing our licensure statute next year
- We will NOT be addressing licensure on the 8th, but we want to remain visible
- February 8th is also the State of Idaho Type I Diabetes Awareness Day
- We will be displaying following the morning session with the House Committee
- You are invited to join the RDNs and Diabetes Educators at the display
There is street parking around the Idaho Capitol building and in downtown Boise garages.
Thank you, don’t forget to vote for your Idaho and National Academy Board Members. Megan and I hope to see you in Boise on February 8th! We need your support!
Caroline Keegan, MBA RDN LD
President, Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics