Saint Alphonsus Health System
Part time – Days
- Performs nutrition screening on all patients admitted to the hospital within 24 hours of admission and assigns the appropriate level of nutritional risk.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization’s Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Elderly as applicable).
- Screens all new patients for nutritional risk, evaluates screening information and assigns appropriate risk level.
- Reviews and develops care plan on patients at mild to low nutritional risk per policy and procedure.
- Plans snacks or nourishments as appropriate.
- Interacts with health care team as needed to assess patient’s condition.
- Provides nutrition education to patient, family and caregiver on defined diets and medications.
- Documents calorie count in the patient medical record.
- Collaborates with Nutrition Services and interdisciplinary team to provide patient nutrition care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, or Home Economics or a graduate from a Dietetic Technician Program.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
- Basic/Intermediate computer skills with an emphasis on MS Word and Excel.
- Must possess an aptitude for learning new computer applications.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Program – 403b/401k
- Paid time off + Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement & Education Assistance
Why Saint Alphonsus?
- We are serious about fostering an environment focused on personal and professional growth and offer opportunities that empower our colleagues to develop their careers.
- Saint Alphonsus Health System is a four-hospital regional, non-profit, faith-based, Catholic ministry with over 4,300 associates and a 950+ medical staff which serve 700,000 people in Idaho and Oregon.
- We are anchored by the only Level II Trauma Center in the region, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center (Boise), providing the most experienced care to the most critically ill patients.
- Centers of Excellence include: Cardiovascular, Neuroscience, Oncology, Orthopedics, Trauma & Emergency and Women’s & Children’s.
Apply Online: https://www.saintalphonsus.org/careers
Questions, email: Monte.Cleverley@saintalphonsus.org