SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
The Idaho State Department of Education (SDE) is dedicated to serving and providing common-sense leadership, support, and resources to educators across the state. The knowledge, skills, and experience of SDE employees are among our most valued and important assets. Employment with the SDE provides a rewarding career that positively affects the lives of children in Idaho. To learn more, please visit our website at http://www.sde.idaho.gov/ .
This Child Nutrition Programs Coordinator will assist and support in areas needed due to increased workload in the Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) department. The successful incumbent performs work for these programs exercising independent judgment, initiative, and leadership; exercises influence on financing, administration, and management of the CNP programs, as needed; and may be called upon to assist in problem-solving in regulatory, financial, and administrative issues relating to the operation of these programs. This is a full time position serving under an appointment of the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263. Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. Names of candidates who apply for job postings may be released, pursuant to a public records request made under Idaho Code § 74-106(1). Example of Duties
- Coordinate and conduct comprehensive reviews in programs areas as a supplemental Coordinator to assist where needed. CNP sponsors include, public and private schools, residential facilities and private non-profit sites, family day care homes and sponsoring organizations;
- Research, interpret, and disseminate Federal regulations and instructions pertinent to Child Nutrition Programs;
- Work with fellow coordinators on USDA nutrition reviews;
- Monitor program tasks as needed;
- Assess training needs of sponsors and plan, coordinate, and conduct all annual CNP mandatory trainings, both on-line and in-person;
- Review and approve annual agreements for new and continuing Program Sponsors;
- Recommend program policies and procedures to conform to federal regulations and eligibility criteria;
- Provides expertise, guidance, policy interpretation, technical assistance, and training to CNP sponsors as needed;
- Prepare and distributes documentation, handbooks, manuals, and related written material to support CNP regulations;
- Collect, maintain, and analyze information, reports, and documentation;
- Monitor expenditure reports and oversee budgets to compare expenditures rates, service levels, and program outcomes to ensure services/programs are provided in accordance to requirements;
- Maintain and distribute a variety of reports, correspondence, and related documents;
- Attend local, regional and national USDA meetings as necessary;
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information, interpret program regulations and guidelines, and provide assistance to CNP sponsors and other interested parties;
- Represent the Idaho State Department of Education (SDE) at local, state, and regional conferences, seminars, and meetings, as directed, including serving on committees, study groups, councils, task forces, and related associations;
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with SDE policies, procedures, and safety practices;
- Cooperate in other program areas to maximize staff participation and provide competent coverage of all programs at all times;
- Format any public documents for ADA accessibility per SDE policies and procedures;
- Carry out assignments as requested by higher level administration and USDA;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in food service administration, nutrition, or a related field.
- Experience in planning, conducting, and presenting nutrition and food service administration training sessions or classes are desirable.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret state and federal laws and regulations that relate to Child Nutrition Programs.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a variety of public entities; expertise in human relations skills; and ability to assume a leadership role in the area of Child Nutrition Programs.
- Ability to travel throughout the state for training and monitoring of sponsors, as needed.
Salary $54,080.00 – $60,008.00 AnnuallyLocation Boise, IDJob TypeFull TimeDepartmentSuperintendent of Public InstructionJob Number07624Closing5/21/2021 11:59 PM Mountain
- This position requires approximately 30% – 35% travel time throughout the state for training and monitoring of sponsors.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Extra consideration may be given for the following)
- Master’s degree in food service administration, nutrition, or a related field.
To apply for this position, please submit 1.) a customized letter of interest and 2.) a resume. Attach the resume to your online application. Insert your letter of interest into the space provided in the questions section of the application.
Your letter of interest should specifically address how your education, training and work experience meet the responsibilities, qualifications, and required skills of the position. A writing sample, such as a letter of interest, provides an opportunity to evaluate your writing skills as well as your ability to demonstrate you meet the qualifications of the position. Your resume must clearly support the information provided in your letter of interest. A resume does not substitute for a letter of interest. Applications that do not include a letter of interest will not be accepted.
Application review will begin immediately. Applicant screening will continue until the position is filled. The State Department of Education seeks to fill this position as soon as possible.It is to the applicant’s advantage to submit materials as soon as possible.
Interview dates have not been determined at this time. Those applicants not selected will be notified. This announcement will be closed without notice once a qualified candidate is identified and accepts the position.
|The State Department of Education (SDE) is seeking a highly qualified candidate to serve as Coordinator, Child Nutrition Programs supporting the Child Nutrition Programs department.|
This Child Nutrition Programs Coordinator will assist and support in areas needed due to increased workload in the Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) department. The successful incumbent performs work for these programs exercising independent judgment, initiative, and leadership; exercises influence on financing, administration, and management of the CNP programs, as needed; and may be called upon to assist in problem-solving in regulatory, financial, and administrative issues relating to the operation of these programs. This is a full time position serving under an appointment of the State Superintendent of Public Instruction. Please see the job posting with more details on the position responsibilities and qualifications.
You may forward this announcement to persons who may be interested and qualified for the position. Applicants should apply online through the State of Idaho, Division of Human Resources. A link to the job posting can be found at Coordinator, Child Nutrition Programs. To apply, applicants will need to create a profile, attach a resume, and respond to the question attached to the job posting (i.e. insert a letter of interest).
Recruitment closes at midnight on Friday, May 21, 2021. The State Department of Education seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. Interview dates have not been determined at this time.