CDH offers the following benefits to full time and eligible part time employees:
- Medical/Vision/Prescription Insurance (Option of PPO, Traditional or High Deductible Plan)
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (Equal to 1 year’s salary employer paid, with ability to purchase additional insurance Flexible Spending Accounts
- Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI). (If you belong to PERSI for five years you may receive a lifetime benefit at retirement. For additional information visit www.persi.idaho.gov.)
- Paid holidays (Currently 10 per year)
- Sick leave and Vacation leave (Accrual each pay period; increased at 5, 10 and 15 year employment increments)
- 401K and 457 with Roth options available
For more information on benefits go to State of Idaho Employee Portal at www.employee.idaho.gov
Central District Health has an opening for a Registered Dietitian to work in the Boise Women Infant Children Program (WIC).
Example of Duties
- Conducts nutritional care and educational programs for clients in a community.
- Participates as health team member in Women, Infants, and Children Nutrition program.
- Coordinates clinics with other department resources and provides clinic information to physicians and staff.
- Sets up classroom and audiovisual equipment for clinics and oversees clinical operation and volunteer activities.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates nutrition-education programs.
- Arranges nutrition-education material for clinic and classroom training and conducts training sessions for community and special interest groups.
- Provides nutritional technical assistance to groups and individuals.
- Assesses needs, develops care plans and counsels clients providing outpatient counseling on normal and therapeutic diets.
- Assesses nutritional status and feeding skills of clients and nutrient content of meals.
- Prepares education material for media release.
Certification as a Registered Dietitian by the American Dietetic Association; and eligibility for licensure in the State of Idaho as a Dietitian in accordance with Idaho Code, Section 54-3506 (Licensure MUST be obtained PRIOR to appointment).
Some knowledge of: education principles and methods as applied to nutrition; safety, sanitation, and food handling methods.
Experience: identifying dietary problems related to nutrition intake; analyzing and evaluating nutrition data; adapting nutrition counseling and education to meet social, cultural, educational, and economic backgrounds of clients.
Employees of CDH are required to refrain from the use of any tobacco products.
CDH will not hire tobacco users.Thank you for your interest in working for Public Health District 4!