The board encourages all members to participate in our Affiliate Awards selections by nominating colleagues.
Nominations can be made at any time during the year but must be received by February 1st. Awards are presented at the Annual Meeting each spring.
The Awards Committee is chaired by the Past President. The Awards Committee is made up of prior award recipients plus the chair. Committee members must not have submitted a nomination.
Criteria for Affiliate Awards from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics https://www.eatrightpro.org/leadership/honors-and-awards/affiliate-awards
June Yerrington Award (Idaho specific award that was established prior to the ODY award
- The June Yerrington Award is an award established in 1980 to recognize Idaho Academy members who have made a significant, long-term contribution to our affiliate.
- The June Yerrington award is our affiliate’s highest award.
- June Yerrington was an active member of the Idaho Dietetics Association and a mentor to many. Prior to her death, June was a clinical dietitian at the Boise Veterans Hospital.
- The award was established to honor June’s contributions to the Idaho Dietetics Association.
- This member must have made a significant impact in his or her community.
- This award also honors the respect the recipient has earned from his or her colleagues.
- Member of the Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for at least 20 years.
- At least three letters from Idaho Academy members explaining why the nominee is deserving of the award are requested for the nomination.
Gem Award – Non member award
- The Gem award recognizes nonmember of Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that have promoted and/or encouraged good health with an emphasis on sound nutrition habits through efforts to educate the public. In addition to financial contributions, this can be done through individual, company or organizations efforts
Outstanding Dietetics Student Awards are selected by the Universities using the criteria from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Outstanding Dietetics Student Awards (eatrightpro.org
Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Preceptor Award(s) are also selected by the Universities – Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Preceptor Award
Additional awards may be presented as per special nominations and circumstances in that year given the Affiliate’s goals and activity (for example, Award of Merit, Outstanding Service).
Submit Award Nominations by February 1st.
Awards are presented at the Annual Meeting.
Chair of 2021-2022 Awards Committee: Kim Young, Past-President and Awards Chair.
The Awards Chair appoints at least three members from each region of the state to serve on the committee. Committee members are when possible, prior award recipients. Additionally, members who have submitted a nomination for the current year are ineligible.
Send letter(s) of nomination to: KYoung@phd1.idaho.gov
Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year Award
|2021||Rachel Lynne Krick|
|2020||Melissa M. Wallinga|
|2019||Megan Marjorie Johnson|
|2017||Rachelle L. Ausman|
|2015||Jaclyn St. John|
|2008||Katie Nelson Miner|
|2003||Tennille HoustonCarrie Davis|
|1980||Judi P. Schuerman|
|1979||Becky Shaw Swartz|
Outstanding Dietitian of the Year Award
|2021||Barbara L. Grant|
|2020||Barbara J. Gordon|
|2019||Julie J. Walker|
|2018||Samantha A. Ramsay|
|2017||Nancy L. Kure|
|2011||Becky Shaw Swartz|
June Yerrington Award
|2021||Corliss L. Trom|
|2020||Crystal J. Wilson|
|2018||Katherine (Kathy) Vance|
|2017||Beverly N. Crabbs|
|2012||Sue Stillman Linja|
|2004||Mary Lou Beck Weiner|
|1992||Judi P. Schuerman|
|2016||Dr. John Eck|
|2015||Dr. Ted Epperly|
|2014||Coeur d’Alene Press|
|2013||Representative Sue Chew and the Idaho Statesman (Chuck Malloy and Holly Anderson)|
|2012||Pinnacle Business Group LLC (Steve Rector and Tim Olson) and Idaho Association of Public Health District Directors|
|2004||Boise Radio Station 94.9 “The River”|
|2002||Maggie O’Mara, health reporter for KBCI in BoiseChef Joyce Doughty, Food for Thought on public radio|
|2000||KBCI TV Channel 2 in Boise|
|1998||The Idaho Beef Council|
|1991||The Idaho Dairy Council|
|1990||The Idaho Statesman|
Emerging Dietetic Leader
|2019||Kyli S. Gough|
|2017||Kimberly J. Young|
Recognized Dietetic Technican of the Year Award
|2020||Lori Ann Haroldsen|
Outstanding Preceptor Awards
|2021||Cathy Boysen||University of Idaho|
|2021||Rachel Krick||Idaho State University|
|2020||Jennifer Lind||University of Idaho Coordinated Undergraduate Program|
|2020||Becky Sulik||Idaho State University|
|2019||Barbara L. Grant||University of Idaho Coordinated Undergraduate Program in Dietetics|
|2019||Cheryl L. Jorgenson||Idaho State University Internship/Meridian|