An Idaho Champion of Healthy Lifestyles
The Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (IAND) is a membership-based professional organization and the local affiliate of the National Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy or AND).
IAND promotes the value of the dietetic professional through membership, innovation in dietetic practice, and ongoing professional development to champion healthy lifestyles and nutrition-related public policy for the well-being of our members and the communities they serve.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and Nutrition and Dietetic Technicians, Registered (NDTRs) are credentialed food and nutrition professionals that apply their expertise in various healthcare, business/industry, community/public health, education, research, and food service work environments. RDNs work in a variety of settings in Idaho:
- Medical-Clinical: Deliver care in Idaho hospitals, medical clinics, diabetes education programs, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, cancer care, and sports medicine.
- Education: Teach and conduct research in Idaho colleges and universities.
- Public Health: Deliver programs serving the public such as Women Infants and Children (WIC) programs, state and local public health, school nutrition programs, Cooperative Extension (Eat Smart Idaho), and food banks (Idaho Food Bank).
- Business: Serve as nutrition experts to food and pharmaceutical companies.
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: Provide weight management counseling and behavior change to reduce overweight and obesity.
- Private Practice RDNs: Provide in-person and online nutrition counseling.
IAND members embrace change with creativity and strategic thinking and strive to make decisions with consideration for environmental, economic, and social implications.
As an organization, we seek to demonstrate standards of excellence in leadership, organization, professional practice, and service.